[klpac] Red Demon 赤鬼
Details of event
What is that on the shore? Is it asking for food? Is it going to eat us? A stranger arrives on an island. The villagers could not understand his language and wild gestures. He must be a demon! He is befriended by that woman, an outsider living among the villagers. The demon and that woman learned each other’s language. The villagers become afraid and suspicious. Is the demon conspiring with that woman? Are they bringing other demons to invade our island? We must kill the demon!
An internationally-acclaimed play by Japanese playwright Noda Hideki, Red Demon was voted Best Play in Japan two years consecutively in 1998 & 1999, and has been performed in UK, Thailand & Korea. Award-winning director Malaysian Loh Kok Man now brings the play to Kuala Lumpur in this special collaboration between Pentas Project and Taiwanese theatre company The Flying Group Theatre, featuring an exciting interaction between performers, live musicians and puppetry.
For Malaysians, this powerful play will resonate with our anxieties about migrants, foreign forces, and other races in our own home. Red Demon is about the monsters we become to each other.
Terms & Conditions:
- Ticket Prices above Include RM3 Ticketing Fee
- 1 ticket admits 1 person ONLY, no sharing seats
- Once tickets are sold, no exchanges or cancellations will be entertained
- RM25 re-printing fee will be charged for damaged tickets.
- Strictly NO photography, video and audio recording is allowed.
- Please read and understand the Conditions of Sale before purchasing ticket